The recommendations we offer in order to create an environment where we can all practice together with a sense of oneness are as follows:
- Maintain mindfulness and keep your mind open.
- Wear appropriate, yet comfortable clothing; remove your shoes when you enter.
- It is customary to greet others in the temple by bowing with palms together.
- Perform a standing bow to the altar upon entering and exiting the dharma room.
- If you meet sick or elderly people, care for them and help them.
- Step softly and do not run or shout.
- Speak well to people in the temple, in the manner of a Bodhisattva.
- Do not enter the dharma room, if sitting in meditation has begun, wait until sitting meditation is finished and quietly enter.
- Maintain silence and keep still while sitting in meditation.
- If legs cramp, quietly stand until the legs un-cramp and return to sitting, or consult one of the ministers after sitting.
- Do not bring food or drink into the dharma room during service.
- Please turn off cell phones before the dharma service begins.
We appreciate your kind love offerings in support of our Temple. The suggested donation is $5-$20 per visit.
Make your donations using an envelope on the desk near the entrance. (write your name on the envelop and do not seal it so that you can reuse it. Place your envelope in the donation box in the Dharma hall or the donation box at the entrance.)